Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 31

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   

Hi Rj

The black shrink tubing is the one I have decided to use. I had a lot of well meaning hints
as to what I should use use. I have used a lot of shrink tubing on both British Motorcycles & German Cars working in classic restorations over the years.

I like the beauty of the Cameras on your web site. It was a 1955 Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35 my Father bought in the Post PX in Japan for $50.00 USD that hooked me. Still alive at 93 he sent it to me with manual. I was bitten hard & deep.
When we were Kids all we ever saw was a camera with a leather flap that opened & snaped shut. The first time I saw this Camera was when I removed it from it's leather case when he sent it to me. I could not stop looking at it my eyes caresed it like a work of art. Like most everything I cherish it is heavy just something I have learned to live with.

It's the intervention of the human hands craftmanship of the 30s, 40s, & 50s that has drawn me to the machines of the past. One of my friends believes my Gitzo is the uglyist tripod he has ever seen. Of course he loves all things plastic, Cars, Cameras, people, etc.

I truly like people like my friend John, he gave me a like new Nikon FE he had, because he had to wind it. After my first 17 years spent traveling the World as a US ARMY Brat. I have been very lucky, meeting so many new people here in the USA, is so very special to learn what they have to teach.

Cheers.
Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration