Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L_n_h
Tinkerer
Username: L_n_h

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 01:37 pm:   

I have 2 Praktica MTL3 cameras which now have the same problem. After going halfway into the film, the picture is taken as normal, but the film wont wind on (the wind arm wont move more than 10 degrees or so). Pulling at the little lever top left of the mirror inside, whilst moving the wind arm did free the mechanism for a couple of times, but now this doesnt work either. The triangular 'signal' is still visible in viewfinder of both examples, so shutter not cocked. Needless to say it wont fire again until this is done.
In the 1st camera Ive pushed the button underneath, extracted the film, and the button stays pushed in (obviously that too wont come out again until the cycle is completed ie the wind lever fully operated). I have taken the top off following one article on this site, pulled forward the wind lock spring, which frees the wind-lock arm to turn all the way round. However doing this doesnt seem to solve anything, as in this disengaged state the usual mechanism of cogs etc is bypassed.
Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for/trying? My 2nd MTL3 has just developed the same fault, after exposure no.2, but Ive not attempted to rewind/extract the film, or even push the bottom button in yet -just in case someone can provide some timely advice.
Any help appreciated -they take nice pics, but I fear I may have to move onto a different make of SLR if this cant be resolved.
Thanks. l_n_h.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration