Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 180

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 07:01 pm:   

Bob,

OK, I now see where you are going on this. Did not appreciate that you were just replacing the Canon lens mount with a Sigma SA unit. Yes these lenses do have great bokeh and will make good manual lenses The part of the lens that you need to modify is the infinity limit stop. Now I have no knowledge of the FL f1.2 internal workings. You will have to examine the lens and see what actually limits the movement of the helix. Sometimes it is just a limit screw in the focus ring or a simple machined 'slot'.

The brass guides should not be moved, with the limit stop removed you should be able to get proper infinity focus. Now this depends on how the actual range of helix movement is limited on this lens, as I said I have never stripped these FL lenses out. I also wonder if by your comments on removing/repositioning the guides, that you have noticed that they physically stop the rearward travel. In many lenses the helix does not play a major part in collimation, accurate machining and shims are the major players in locating the optical cells in the inner barrel.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration