Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 203

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 02:39 pm:   

Hi, Matt Denton (among others, there are some good French sites) has some info on that (type of) camera, if you google a bit even a service manual can be had. Similar cameras ("clones") were sold in large numbers under numerous labels and names, inside they are all close to identical, some, like the Konica 35, offer more features, while others, like the Ger Porst 135 L represent the lower end of the range.
I would not consider taking it to a "good shop". I guess you could buy a dozen similar fully functional cameras for what they charge you for only looking at your camera.

This type of programme shutter plus trap needle light meter is not too difficult, in most cases the shutter (aperture and shutter blades are identical, there are just two of them) needs cleaning (oil from the helicoil, dust, deteriorated light baffles) but unfortunately this often means taking things apart, because otherwise the critical points cannot be accessed, like the rear side of the blades or the flywheel bearings. I have a whole collection of those compact 35mm cameras, they are fun to use. If you decide to go inside I can try to answer your questions, as far as that is possible from a distance.
But be warned, my fist attempts with cameras like yours years ago ended messed-up, because for a newbie these nifty little cameras, although easy, can turn out to be quite demanding, W.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration