Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bomobob
Tinkerer
Username: Bomobob

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 09:48 am:   

Thanks for the roadmap!

The shutter "looks" clean, but I realize it doesn't take much to gum it up. I will try a wee bit of Ronsonol on the blades, to see if it makes a difference. The thing that suggests this problem is not so simple, is that on the BULB setting, the shutter does not stay open when I hold the shutter button. I don't really care if B doesn't work, but it's likely indicative of something worse.

I haven't seen any screws on the top plate, but I may not be looking hard enough. I can probably get the repair guy to do me a favour and remove the bottom screw with the stripped out head. I just cant get a grip on that one at all. The soldering bit doesn't worry me, as it's part of what I do for a living, and on a very very small scale too.
What I'm afraid of is delicate mechanical bits like hooks and springs because if they pop out, it's never obvious where they go.

I've fixed the wiring on a Yashica Electro, but I've never gotten down to shutter level on anything before.

I'll have to go over all the steps you listed above before diving in, like figuring out how to remove the self timer lever.

Or maybe I could try swishing the whole camera around in a bucket of lighter fluid and hope for the best...
Thanks,
Bob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration