Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dragunov
Tinkerer
Username: Dragunov

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 05:56 pm:   

hey all!

i 'inherited' a Pentax ME super... but the thing is... it's busted! you must turn the crank at least 2 times to get the thing to get fed up and get ready to take a picture. sometimes it has sprees of 2 turns per shot, other times it has to be cranked 20+ times just to take one shot. is it fixable? it must be mechanical, there aren't any batteries in.

and the second problem: the sponge that protects the mirror sorta disentegrated and turned all mushy and sticky and stuff, and it left marks on the mirror, so i tried to clean it and, making a long story short, got it all over the mirror and the focus finder thingy (yeah, i'm rather new to old SLRs). what can i use to clean it off? soap doesn't work... do i have to replace it? and will the mirror bash itself to death if the sponge is mostly gone? (there's a screw poking out of there...)

and it's easier to get another camera for the parts, right? then is it worth it...?

cheers,
Dragunov

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration