Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johnneal
Tinkerer
Username: Johnneal

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 06:54 am:   

Hi Don,

Thanks for your input - I fear my description may have been a little confused, and I should not have mentioned Z, so here goes again.

On the slow speed dial I have 1/20 to T (time) and these all work fine, following a clean and lube. The T setting hold the shutter until I move the dial to 1 sec, or wind on the shutter.

However, the B setting has now decided not to work at all - all I get is (approx) 1/20 sec. the pins all look OK and all the other speeds work just fine. I had a B setting until I sorted out the slow speeds, now I don't.

I have seen this problem before on a IIIc and a IIIF, but they have a different release train, in which the B setting can be affected by the condition of the leaf springs on the botton of the camera. I'm struggling to rationalise the release sequence for the III (the first one I have worked on) as it is significantly different to those. It's also different to the I and II bodies I have.

I guess it is time for the top cover to come off again...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration