Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barbecueboy
Tinkerer
Username: Barbecueboy

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 03:35 am:   

It took some time, because it was in repair for three weeks.
I brought the camera to the old pentax repair guy for the Netherlands and Belgium, who lives on the other side of my home town (which is nice).

He replaced the foam and light seals on my MX and my ME and he tightened the shutter silk on my MX. This was probably why the mirror stuck, because there was not enough tension on the longer exposures to get it back to the original position (what he told me).

I also told him the flash didn't react sometimes on the MX and the light meter died down after two rolls of film.
When I got it back he said there was no problem with the light meter, so happily I took my two cameras home and left my K1000 for the same treatment.
When I got home, the light meter on my MX died down after 10 test shots without film (I'm getting a bit cautious).
Of course I called the guy and he was very surprised. In the mean time I'm very disappointed and don't know what the problem could be.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration