Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dmax
Tinkerer
Username: Dmax

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 04:43 pm:   

Hi Hovaness and Donnie,
Thanks for the input. Since the time I last posted, I had succeeded in identifying what pot controlled overall sensitivity, and what controlled linearity. I do have some informal background in camera repairs/modifications as well as basic electronics, and got the whole thing sorted out with the usual setup: constant, even light source, a good reference meter (Gossen Luna Star in this case), and a reliable multimeter that gave me the correct kilo ohm settings of the separate pots once I had nailed the correct aperture and shutter speed settings. Yes, I did record the resistance values of all 4 pots even before I began tinkering. Still wondering what the two other pots do, though. Needless to say, I won't touch them. Practical field testing of sensitivity and linearity (accurate to plus or minus 1/3 stop) have been conducted, and the results are good. Again, thanks for the information. I hope this helps guide others working on cameras with similar schematics. As a side note: Vivitar V335s have 4 pots, while the Ricoh KR 5 Super II has only two. The circuit layout and components are identical though.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration