Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reymoskito
Tinkerer
Username: Reymoskito

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 09:02 am:   

Hi all! I got to remove the bottom cover, which actually came off quite easily. I got to the negative lead wire. Seemingly, it was sulfated, I tried to scrap the sulfate off the soldering area but then the whole black lead wire came off. That connection didnt seem to be good enough and presumable was the cause of the power failure. But the thing is it is hidden in a very narrow area and cannot reach the black wire for resoldering, as it is very tight and short in an unreachable area. To do that I would have to remove the lens housing and it seems very delicate and complicated now, I dont dare to. Maybe I disadjust focus, or who knows. So the option I took was to rewire from the black negative lead soldering to the black wire in the mode selection lever, which should go to negative as well. I tried to shoot without fully reassemblying but it wouldnt. I dont know what I did wrong.
Any help please?
Thanks again for any assistance.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration