Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 118

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 09:08 am:   

If it is a model like this, I may be able to help a bit: http://www.lungov.com/wagner/c/013c.html

If not... You may have to be patient!

Does the "charging" lever stay where you put it when you pull it, or flick back with a click?

If it is the latter, you are experiencing a common 1950s German camera "gotcha" - they need film moving over the sprockets to work. In that case, open the back and turn the sprockets by hand until you hear a fairly heavy click - mine does a couple of little clicks, then the big one. Now try the shutter. If it works, try again and check that the speeds look OK. If they are - go shoot!

If not - come back, describe it again and see if it's a recognised problem. Tell us what the shutter is (I think they were built with Prontor shutters, but there may have been variations), and there are ways and means of dismantling them if you have a bit of mechanical nous and access to good tools. Hopefully it's the former problem.

Good luck - the Novar lens is good for a triplet, nice and sharp.

Adrian

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration