Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 120

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 09:53 am:   

Hmm. Doesn't sound good.

I do not know how the shutter release is connected to the wind mechanism - you may be better off posting, with a link to this thread, a query along the lines of "Prontor SV - link to wind mechanism?" and see what comes up - others may be more familiar with the mechanism than the model of camera. The Prontors were proprietary shutters, used on all sorts of models.

Wait and try other responses before you pile into the shutter at my say-so! I don't want you to knacker your camera because I've rushed you!

If you do have (and note I say have) to get into the shutter mechanism, it is accessed from the front, and those sites will tell you how. However to get the middle and rear elements out of the lens you will need to unscrew the slotted ring on the back of the lens that you should see when you look through the film gate at the lens.

You have three options:
1. A flat piece of metal that will span the ring and fit tightly between the grooves

2. A lens spanner - available from MicroTools. Not especially cheap, but made for the purpose.

3. Fourth picture down: http://www.rusted.free.fr/babysem.html
Fiddly and needs care - don't scratch the lens - but possible. I've used something similar a couple of times, including on my Contina.

There are lots of threads here on cleaning - in short, the easiest solvent to find/use is naptha (US) or lighter fuel (UK) - I use Ronsonol. But I don't know anything about the interlink... you have been warned.

Good luck. Be patient. Don't rush in!

Adrian

PS Just thought... On reassembly, tighten the slotted ring very carefully - too tight, too hard and you will twist the whole assembly against the bellows, and possibly pull them off!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration