Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 35

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 05:21 pm:   

Steve - I managed to get the top off and following your instructions, I loosen the screw and lifted the pawl then the wind-on lever un-jammed and the shutter fired. So that was fixed! next I examined the last tooth on the end of the segment and saw that it was showing signs of wear but no burr so I cleaned it up and put a dab of grease on the end tooth and left it. The camera is now re-assembled and working ok.

To remove the frame counter screw I had to make two tools in order to remove it. I found a length of 5mm diam. rod, drilled a hole in the end and inserted a 1mm pin. This tool worked fine but stopping the frame counter disc from turning was impossible using rubber wedges so I had to make a clamp.

I found a 15mm diam. brass olive (a tapered ring used by plumbers to make a seal on pipe fittings) this fitted over the counter disc perfectly. Next I drilled two holes through the walls of the olive then made a cut between the two holes. Finally I found a long screw and a nut that I passed through the two holes and then by placing the olive over the counter disc and tightening the screw the disc was securely clamped. When the screw came out I saw that "locktite" had been applied under the screw head making it very difficult to remove. A hot soldering iron applied to the screw may be an easier way to loosen it.

I managed to remove the wire circlip holding the shutter speed control but unable to replace it as it was so difficult, so I fitted a proper "C" type circlip and this seems to be ok.

Many thanks for your help Steve - regards Alf :-)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration