Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Koniomegaman
Tinkerer
Username: Koniomegaman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   

I just received a Yashica 35CC from an auction and the cosmetic shape is good but there is a problem that I can’t figure out. I knew that the camera had a problem when I bid on it but I thought is was the ”pad of death” that I have fixed before in a GT. When I took the top off of the CC, surprise, it is not the same as a GS/GSN etc.

I installed a fresh battery just to rule out the battery. Here are the symptoms:

The battery check lights up but the shutter only fires at the highest speed like on a GSN with a bad pad.

The meter arrows light up but they are very finicky, you have to get the shutter button in just the right spot. I checked the battery compartment and it is very clean and I checked the bottom of the camera too. This is where I wonder if the problem lies. There are some brown wires soldered together in a suspicious poorly done manner.

1) Does the CC model have the same Pad but you can’t see it?
2) Any other ideas based on the description of the problem?
3) What would make the arrow lights functional but intermittent?

Any possibility that anyone could make a good macro shot of the brown wires on the bottom so I can see how they are supposed to be connected?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Scott

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration