Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 249

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 04:08 pm:   

Right, that is what I usually do, but I simply did not want to persuade you to use "improper" tools. Sometimes I find the homemade tools a lot more convenient than what you can buy in tool stores.

In case you need to know any more details, do not hesitate to ask. There are just three points at which I can advise you to be extra careful: #1: the light meter, as it has two needles, the one you can see from above, and another one parallel to the first for the needle trap mechanism in auto mode, they can both be bent easily; #2: the retracting spring of the pair of release levers at the back of the front plate (chrome and brass coloured, it is a pain to put that spring back when it is unhooked!); #3: the delicate activating spring of the aperture blades.
Putting the shutter assembly perfectly together (flash sync, running the wires through the housing) can also be a hard test for one's patience and skill.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration