Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 04:55 pm:   

Hi all

You can still go to wally World, Sams & all the 1 hour pull and scratch Drug stores. However the one great lab next to Pennys has closed. ( Owner sold out )

He did not do Slides & true B&W there, but drop them off & they did them in Ashville by next day or 2.
I have not called the new owner yet because he did not decide how he was going Digi or Film or both. I don't hunt any longer however when I did it was a Recurve, I used it for 24 years. I watched the parts including feathered arrows & reurve strings & parts dry up. A machine that took a machine to restring it's self swept the land. Not so different from the Digis displacing the Film Cameras & parts.

Is there a point to my story? Perhaps. Today Recurves are being made again by Companies who once said Compounds had buried the Long/Recurve Bows. Poppy Cock far from it, a small but ever growing number of Bow shooters began to discover the Long & Recurve Bows again.

Now try to buy either Long or Recurve & you will find a long line & don't forget to bring plenty of $$.

My hope & dream is see a resurgence in film use despite the road spikes that seem to keep comming at us.

I spent 3 years learning my Nikons, Zeiss Ikon Contessa & print film. My plans for this season was to learn true B&W & Slide film. I have been buying new & like new Slide making equipment. Two like new projectors & a Silver Screen a School sold for $10.00 very good & large.

Now is time for what they call a reality check. Should I sell that custom Recurve that has never been shot? I hurt my back before I had a chance to pull it, well another time another story. Should I just admit it? If
I choose to use film & I do. Must I also, choose to develop my own Film now & for as long as I need to?

All & any suggestions welcome

Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration