Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   

As I bought Adobe Photoshop & spent all those days, weeks, Months trying to climb a curve beyond reason at times. I thought about the weeks, Months, my Dad waited for his slides to return from NY. He Bought the Zeiss Ikon Contessa in Japan in 55 & no mater where we were Posted he sent them to NY.

I started this sort by date, repair with PS create a DVD slide for his 90th Birthday. On Dec 20 his 93 Birthday. I presented him with 2 DVDs with hundreds of cleaned repaired photos set into a slide show. There were times I wanted to stop this madness & take everthing to
anyone to finish this. My head hurt, I started at 10pm & colapsed into bed at 2am for what seemed a lifetime.

I learned 2 very important things. A Man can send his film long distance & have it developed if he must. Perhaps we can blame it on a US ARMY up bringing or mental problems to do what I did in my early 50s. I was taught that if I wanted a bike trade, build, etc. I could take what fit into my metal foot locker. This could be why I don't expect anything I don't buy or trade or learn to do myself.

Yes Film will be forever as long as we want it to. Develop it myself, of course I'f I want to I will. Just as I found all these great Cameras when their owners believed they needed a digi more than that Nikon FE. I once believed (Good lenses don't get sold) Well that's true if it is the right power for that new Nikon DSLR :0).

You all make great reasons & methods for keeping Film alive. I'm with you 100 percent.

Mike

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration