Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krafty5260
Tinkerer
Username: Krafty5260

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 06:27 pm:   

Okay, I like to ask the simple questions as well as the tough ones, because it makes people wonder if I'm a dumb a**, or one clever bugger. You'll each have to decide that for yourselves.
When I see lenses advertised (separately, or on cameras) that argue,"one or two dust specs in lens that won't affect pictures," it makes me wonder, first, why won't it affect the pictures, and second, how bad does it have to be to affect pictures? And, what about "minor cleaning marks," or, "almost invisible scratches on the front lens element"?
When do I need to be concerned? Fungus I get. And, I saw a Perfex Fifty-Five with what appeared to be a bullet-hole through the lens. That, I could figure out for myself. But, seriously, what is so minor, one need not worry? Oh, BTW, any leads on a collapsible Tessar 3.5 for Contax II, et al, are appreciated, sans bullet holes, if it's all the same.
Thanks, gang,
Michael

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration