Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arnoldharris
Tinkerer
Username: Arnoldharris

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 07:44 am:   

Glenn, per your suggestion about machining off the smacked and now-useless threaded part of the chrome outer barrels. Machining and precision cutting 40.5mm metric threads inside replacement barrel extensions is sort of outside my line of expertise.

Therefore, are there any suitable manufactured barrels with inside threading that can be slipped over the remains of the original barrel, in such a way as not to interfere with the retraction of the front lens element into the lens body, per the camera and lens design?

What about step-down adapters that enable use of 40.5mm filters on cameras with larger diameter lens barrels?

I'm sort of groping for ideas here.

Also, does anybody know how to remove the identification ring from the lens front barrel without damaging it, in case the only answer is to swap a front lens element from a 50mm Color-Skopar X lens? Were these rings cemented into place, or attached in some other manner? I would hate to ruin one of them just to find out how they were original mounted onto the chrome barrel.

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration