Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 323

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 04:14 am:   

In the light of your stated experience, I do not think that opening the camera up will tell you much. You will have no real idea if anything is out of place. OK large broken pieces are an easily spotted sign - but then you will have to source spares.

Initially I suggest that you carefully examine the camera for dints. Look at the wind on/cocking lever, does it look misplaced or bent on the shaft. If all looks normal, give the camera a sharp knock - hold at 'rewind end' and strike camera into the open palm of your free hand. Strike the base of camera under rewind lever. If the camera is still inoperable, I would send it away - if the camera is of value to you. You can find out the cost of a replacement via eBay, then you will have a value figure for the estimated cost of repair.

If you still want to go down the DIY path, I am sure somebody will post details of how to 'open the can'. This is a camera that I have not worked on, so cannot help - best of luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration