Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 16

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 08:06 am:   

Hi Riffy,

THe synchro compur in my Voigtländer Prominent is shown here. There is a part that is called bird's head in the picture
http://members.aon.at/~msiegel/prominent/6_speed_selector_off2.JPG

THe part visible on the right side of the lever should follow the curved groove when cocking and when shooting it should go into a different slot which cannot be seen as it is hidden under the cocking ring.
So when cocking the follows the curve and it's right side is pushed upwards and it's left side downwards so it moves without touching the shutter blade mechanism. When shooting it is not forced downwards and now it opens the shutter blades and they close again when the part has passed the mechanism.
That's at least how it works in my Prominent.
Please disregard parts of the comments on the picture - it was meant for a question I had - and which finally got solved with the help from some very nice people here.
So as I said the "bird's head" should travel along the line indicated with the red arrows when the shutter gets cocked but NOT when it is released.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration