Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 94

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 08:17 pm:   

a copy of my post from June of 2004 which I found by using the search function. I highly recommend the search function here as it saves time and effort.

"To remove the top etc:

Pry off the rubber cover over the wind lever and remove the LEFT HAND screw holding it on. There is a plate and spring underneath with a retaining nut under. After you get that off, use a piece of rubber (like a stopper) to unscrew the release button. If rubber won't do it, try a pair of sharp tweezers at the edge of the button and be careful of marking the button. After you get the release button off, you will see two screws in the film speed selector. Leave then alone and just lift off the selector. Wedge the rewind shaft inside the camera and unscrew the rewind knob. Remove the three screws underneath and lift off the speed selector. Using your piece of rubber again, unscrew the black plastic ring around the external shutter release socket at the back of the camera. Now remove the two screws at the sides of the lens mount and the one on the top on the rewind side. Now you can pull off the top. Now peel off the wind-side front leatherette. Next remove the bottom plate with the rewind button being loose. Now remove the two small screws at the bottom of the depth of field button cover plate around the bottom of the lens mount and remove it. At this point you will be able to see the flywheel and access it. Having gone this far, you might as well remove the self timer plate- three screws - not the one between the button and led - and take a good look at the mechanism. You can temporarily refit the wind lever and shutter button to wind and fire the sutter. Your missing f-stop in viewfinder problem is probably due to a missing prism/mirror in the light path, which you can now check out.

Good Luck!"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration