Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Typhillips
Tinkerer
Username: Typhillips

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   

Rick,

Thank you so much for that information. I had tried removing the knob but didn't realize it had a reverse thread! Now it all makes sense....

Now I have the cover off and can access the shutter. It seems the problem is caused mostly by the friction between the moving disc (the one that actually interfaces with the shutter mechanism) and the thin stationary disc on top of it that has the shutter speeds printed on it. I cleaned both but there still is a lot of friction. I would imagine a tiny dab of lubricant would improve this - any suggestions would be welcome (light sewing machine oil??).

As far as my frame counter problem, upon closer examination it appears that the film feed disc is worn in a few spots, causing it to slip a fair amount when the spool is empty or almost empty. I haven't thought of an easy fix yet. I imagine I'll probably have to come up with a replacement, which means ripping the leatherette off the right side and taking apart the frame counter.. ugh! :-)

Thanks again for the tip. Much appreciated!

Ty

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration