Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dufflespank
Tinkerer
Username: Dufflespank

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:30 am:   

I just picked up a cool 28mm Vivitar FD from the swap meet for a decent price. Anyways, I loaded it on both my a1 and my ae1, and when the shutter button was depressed, the shutter would open and not close. The shutter would be stuck open unless the stopped down button was pressed, or if the lens was removed. I checked the lens out closely, and I realized that the bayonet was slightly bent, thus causing the bayonet to not spring back with enough force. I bent it back into place as best I could and now it returns into place with more force.
So, the shutter now performs properly, however, the iris is slow to return to its fully open state after the shutter has closed. I tested some different shutter speeds and it seems like the iris stays static while the shutter is open, which is normal. However, I'm worried about the iris not returning to its wide open state quickly enough.

In your opinion, is this lens okay to use?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration