Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 204

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 01:11 pm:   

I'd say it depends on the lens, and what you want to do with it. If it's the standard 50mm Zuiko then you are only missing one stop so unless you intend to shoot everything with it wide open, you are not losing that much functionality. You will find that the shutter will need to run 1 stop slower in dim light, that's all.

The question is why is it doing it, and whether there's anything else wrong. If the blades stop down when you press the preview button (I think it's the lower of the two buttons on the back of the lens, as you lok at it on the camera), and spring back again smartly, I'd try it and see how it is to use, and how the pics turn out.

If it is unusable, they are common - as far as I know every new OM-system camera was sold with one, unless specified without when you ordered it. I don't know what prices would be like in Romania, but I suspect that camera repairs are probably cheap if you can find a repairman.

Hope that helps!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration