Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 71

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 05:08 am:   

Mikel must be referring to the FX2, and looking at the picture above seems to confirm what Mike says. My FX1's shutter dial cap is different, it is a simple flat disk and there were traces of adhesive underneath it. One tool I tried when taking off the lever wind from my Yashica TL-Electro-X, which is similar to the FX1/2, was a pair of fine tweezers with the tips held by the nose of an adjustable pliers. I positioned the tweezer tips in the two holes, held the tips firmly in the grip of the pliers, then turned gently whilst pressing down on the tweezers to keep the tips securely in the holes. The thread here is a normal right hand thread, and so unscrews like any bottle top.

The pliers kind of messed up the end of the tweezers from the point of view of their use in plucking eyebrows or whatever it was my wife did with them, so I had to replace them after being suitably told off, but the old tweezers are still in the camera bits box doing service.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration