Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Skor
Tinkerer
Username: Skor

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 01:59 pm:   

I'm glad to see this forum is still active with people, after seeing a few vintage camera repair forums that were dead since 04.
I just bought a Ciro-flex with a Alphax Wollensak shutter from a flea-market for 30 bucks(please don't tell me I got ripped off). I guess it's a Model B judging by this old brochure thing.
The only thing wrong with it, aside from some missing paint and a little dust inside, is the focus knob is completely off, and doesn't even adjust ANYTHING within the camera. The focus shaft is entirely stationary. I'd love to unscrew that pesky hex nut that's holding the shaft in place, but I need to take of the front plate first and to take of the front plate I need to take out the shutter and to take out the shutter I need to unscrew the retaining ring *phew*. So I've been having trouble locating/turning the retaining knob of the shutter. Which ring thing is it, and how the heck can I turn it.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration