Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerk151
Tinkerer
Username: Jerk151

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   

Please tell me if this method is correct.

I needed to do some clean up and repair to my Argus C4. All went well until I put the lens back on and it didn't line up to the marks I had made before disassembly. The picture I have attached shows a set screw that lines up the focus with the dial. When the set screw is removed the lens unscrews with a helical thread.

Long story short, it didn't go back to the same place. So I borrowed the ground glass from my 6x9 roll back that goes to my 4x5. I set the shutter to Bulb (with cable release to hold it open) placed the ground glass against the open back as though it was replacing a piece of film (at least on the same plane as the film would be) Set the focus dial to infinity and turned the lens (set screw removed) until I had focus on the ground glass. Amazingly enough, the set screw and the sliding slot the set screw travels in lined up perfectly in this position. Is it fair to say this is the correct position for the lens? If so, apparently I have a brain capacity I was unaware of until now to figure it out on my own. If not, well no surprise really, but I will need help fixing it so any input will be nice.

Thank You,
Jody

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration