Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

William_a
Tinkerer
Username: William_a

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:52 am:   

Hello, I took apart an Olympus Trip to clean the aperture blades. There was quite a bit of grease on the focus, aperture, and film speed rings. I cleaned off the rear lens assembly with a lens paper dampened with lens cleaner fluid. After I cleaned it, I noticed that about one-third of the lens seems to be stained, and is giving off a rainbow color effect. I tried to clean it again several times with the lens paper and with a soft cloth, both dampened with lens cleaner solution, but the stain remains. I wonder if the stain is caused by lens cleaner solution that somehow got in between the two lenses in the lens assembly? Or could it be caused by the grease, and the lens cleaning fluid will not clean it off? Is there a stronger alternative for cleaning the lens that I should try? I saw Windex mentioned on another site but I am reluctant to use that-won't it leave residue?). Is there a way to separate the lenses if there is indeed a stain between them? Thanks in advance for your help!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration