Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 205

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 04:52 am:   

...when you have no front element to unscrew?

Just seeking clarification, I've cleaned and reassembled a Prontor before, and have all those nice Daniel Mitchell pages linked. However, I went in from the front by unscrewing the front element of the lens.

My Altix-V has a bayonet fit lens and, assuming the pics are good enough to tell me the lens is OK, I think I need to de-gunge the shutter if I'm going to use it more. It's currently really quite slow. I know that 2 seconds instead of 1 is only a stop over, well within film's latitude, but the flash sync doesn't work either so I think it's spanner time.

The big question is... Is the shutter attached by the front or the rear? There's a slotted ring at the back, and another one with two pinholes at the front (lens) end. I'm guessing maybe that one screws the mount onto the shutter, but if anyone has taken a Prontor off a camera with a bayonet-mounted lens I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks,

Adrian

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration