Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 454

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 05:59 pm:   

I also thought the shaft was just plain, and I can see no need for a clutch on a simple roll film camera. All you do is wind the film off one spool and onto another, still I could be wrong as my experience of 620 folders is limited. The '5 minute' description sounds as if the slipping bits tend to seize up after a while - getting warm due to friction? - and thus wind on the film. With back open, hold shaft and then turn winder knob/butterfly. This may allow you to pinpoint where the 'slip' is. In the case of a butterfly winder that is just riveted onto the shaft coming loose, I have secured these with a penetrating bearing lock (Loctite) - a couple of drops allowed to penetrate the loose riveted joint. take care not to let the liquid run into the bearing hole in the body - I know the shaft will be a good sloppy fit, but some of these products have great gap filling properties.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration