Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 460

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 05:44 am:   

I am working in the dark, as I have no real knowledge - model in my hands - of this camera. I would definitely look very closely at the spools, carefully examine and compare the 'keyholes' to look for variations. Also check the 'end play' when the spools are placed in the camera body. You are obviously looking to see if the shaped end of the winder shaft could sometimes slip in the spool 'keyhole' - say if the spool were to move away from the end of the shaft a little bit.

A second course of action would be to find a suitable tool that will allow you to hold the shaped end of the winder shaft and stop it rotating. Then gently see what happens when you try to turn the winder handle. If the winder mechanism is OK, you should not be able to rotate the handle in the 'wind on direction'.

Just try to eliminate causes of malfunction using simple means without stripping down. Sometimes this allows one to pin point a problem and save one a major jigsaw to reassemble!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration