Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

_nathan
Tinkerer
Username: _nathan

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 02:35 pm:   

Hello,

So, I have been working on a Leica IIIf Black Dial body. When I first found the camera the shutter was not releasing whatsoever however I adjusted the trigger spring so that the camera fires reliably. It does just that and all speeds are accurate when the camera is in use. However, if I let the camera sit over night or for an extended period of time the shutter has a noticeable delay of anything from a split second up to 4 or 5 seconds. Once the shutter release is depressed the latch lever releases yet the first curtains movement is delayed and thus the exposure is delayed. This sometimes results in the loss of a frame. After which there is no delay and the camera functions as it should. I would like to use this particular example and have tried numerous adjustments but have been unable to remedy this delay. Any suggestions? Thanks for everyone's time in advance... as always, it is truly appreciated.

Best,

N.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration