Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Markus
Tinkerer
Username: Markus

Post Number: 85

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 05:30 pm:   

The Rolleiflex repair manual can be downloaded from this website (click on Repair Manual at the top of the page). I managed to get the frame counter on my Rolleicord fixed after investing some time into trying to understand how it works. The problem with the Rolleiflex you are looking at could be something simple, but if it involves replacing some worn parts in the winding mechanism you will have to source these parts. Even junker Rolleiflexes can be expensive and buying the parts separately can be ridiculously expensive, too (I once got a quote for a tiny door hinge of a Rolleicord from a repair shop that specializes in Rollei gear for around $50).

It really depends on what model Rolleiflex this is. If it is one of the more valuable ones in good cosmetic condition, it might even be worth sending it to one of the more reputable repairmen to get it fixed. On the other hand $60 is not all that much and perhaps you can get it going again, although the winding mechanism can be rather diffcult to figure out.

Finally, I would not cut a hole in the back (you'd also need to cut a hole into the film pressure plate).

- Markus

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration