Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jerry
Tinkerer
Username: Jerry

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 11:30 am:   

Hello to everyone, this is my first post.

I've just acquired a Rolleiflex K4B -- my first TLR other than Lubitels -- after many years tinkering with Russian rangefinders (which I'm comfortable stripping and and rebuilding). It came cheaply from eBay.

Fortunately, the shutter *appears* correct at all speeds and other than being well used, it seems in working condition. However (!) the focusing screen is very dim and using the magnifying lens (it's mounted in the rear hood shade and deployed using a lever on the front right of the hood) is impossible -- it's completely out of focus, but maybe I'm not usng it correctly? I can only find manuals for later models which seem not to have this type of magnifyer.

Oh, and one other fault: though the self-timer button sets the timer in motion it doesn't fire the shutter... unless I'm not using it correctly (entirely possible).

Anyone have any tips to fixing these small problems? There are four little screws -- two either side of the hood -- which I'm assuming enable the hood to be removed? Once it's removed will I be able to clean and restore some brightness to the screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration