Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kb2qqm
Tinkerer
Username: Kb2qqm

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 08:20 am:   

Rolleicord II-Advice needed on Iris Rebuild

I have a rolliecord II and was cleaning the shutter. I am refurbishing the camera and have painstakingly cleaned and rebuilt the camera from the ground up. Cheap camera to learn on.
So for every step along the way, I took a digital macro photo every step of the dissassembly,to aid in rebuilding it. I got down to the F/Stop iris and stopped.

Yes, the one with 10 wafer thin semicircle blades. (f/stop iris)
After soaking it in Naptha and flushing it,I got curious. ( first mistake)
I dropped the two halves on my cloth bench towel...and you guessed it..
"shutter salad"..complete with all the "f" bombs I screamed at the same time.

After the sheer fright of seeing the shutter salad...I calmed down and went about learning about how to rebuild the iris. Learning truly does suck when that was not your first plan.

Can anyone give me any advice to on how to start and finish. I did read in the Romney book that the last shutter blade has to somehow be inserted in front. All the blades are to be sandwiched between two plates.
I have already tried this for no less than 11 hours with mediocre results.

I need to see how to start this and how to finish the last couple of leafs. I know I have to insert those individual leafs under the other ones, I'm just not sure how.

The iris is such an optical illusion to look at anyway so it's difficult to figure out. Anyone here with any experience with this?

The photo of the Iris starts at photo #1771 and another at #1775, this is right before it fell apart.

http://gallery.me.com/kb2qqm/100262

Thanks for any help..

Any iris/shutter links appreciated.

Greg

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration