Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 534

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 06:24 pm:   

Edward,

I think your problem is exposure based and not due to internal light scattering. You can easily check this - Load with B &W neg and find a nice contrasty scene (I run this test indoors), expose a couple of frames as per meter reading and then repeat at 1, 2, 3 and 4 stops over initial reading. Sometimes it is worth doing a couple of exposures at 1 and 2 stops under also, just to prove the point. This will give you an immediate indication of which negs will give the correct print. Basically you are just using 'exposure bracketing' to indicate the metering error.

If the interior of the body is nicely finished in matt/soft black and there a no great shiny areas, then the interior will be OK.

Mark,

One does not alter the parameters during the test. Use a known good lens to produce the reference image, then 'lock' the parameters and produce the test images with the questioned lens/lenses. Obviously you must be able to mount all the lenses on the digital body, but I have used this method a number of times with very good results.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration