Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Prasanna
Tinkerer
Username: Prasanna

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 10:10 am:   

Hi Shaun! I am new to this forum. Greetings! I have an FX, too. Your problem may be caused by the friction spring/brush that delays the second curtain in the Prakticas FX series to the Nova series [not the Nova I series]. The spring /brush is fixed to the wall to the left of the closing curtain spindle to the right of the film cassette chamber. There is a screw that one can adjust to change the friction reachable from the film cassette chamber. If this brush is missing then there will be no friction applied on the closing curtain and hence no gap for exposure between opening and closing curtains. I think that is your problem. If that spring is broken or lost you can rebuild it with a new screw and a brass or stainless steel strip to apply the friction. If you need more info/details please feel free to write me by email. I shall send you some pictures of this device. Regards, sp.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration