Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 07:29 pm:   

No, I used to sell those capacitors for my cost (which was about 50 or 60 cents each), but I haven't had any for a while. A fellow in the Ukraine bought all the last ones I had some time back. I didn't sell them on E-Bay, but I did offer them on this and other forums. If you know the values and the canister sizes, you can easily order them from Mouser. I do sell light seal kits on E-Bay, however.

Try the lens off the camera...just flick the aperture lever and see if the leaves are quick and crisp or sluggish. The reason I mention this is that some of the Minolta lenses (particularly the 1.7 and 58mm 1.4) are famous for oily aperture leaves. That will mimic a slow shutter in some cases and in others will create an odd "halo" as the exposure picks up the aperture in slow motion. Just something to consider. Having said all of this, a few years ago I repaired maybe 30 or so of the X-series cameras, and I learned you will run across one every once in a while that suffers odd (and untraceable) electronic problems. I have an XG-1 I was never able to make work right, even though all indications were on track. Good luck.
Jon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration