Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mattboston
Tinkerer
Username: Mattboston

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 07:29 am:   

Hello everyone,

With help from Rick Oleson's excellent notes I have started a CLA of my Leica IIIf. Everything went fine until re-assemble of the wind knob/film advance/counter assembly. It seems that the shaft that the take up spool slides over (and that the wind knob screws on to) comes up too far through the top shell. This leaves some play in the knob that is noticeable when advancing the film. The knob is screwed onto the shaft all the way, in fact I think it is bottomed out onto the shaft.

It looks like I am missing a washer or spacer that would keep this shaft closer to the bottom of the camera- but I rushed and did not take photos or make diagrams when I was taking this section apart (I know, I know). Does anyone have a diagram or photo of how this shaft fits into the body? The top of the shaft has a spring that engages the reverse click- this works the way it should, it just seems to come through the body too far.

Thanks in advance.

matt

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration