Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 56

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 01:03 pm:   

i,m no pro at camera repair but i,ve got few jammed film advance lever cameras under my belt. their really pretty simple fix. most you have to remove camera bottom which usually only consist,s of removing battery cap if the camera has one on bottom and 3 to 4 screws. just observe the way the film advance lever moves the internal mechanism. it should slightly move things even in locked mode. one camera i fixed it cleared it self while i was removing bottom cover the film advance lever was jammed also. another a vivitar i believe after having to drill out stubborn screw i only had to move a pawl lever on film advance side and it freed it self. camera,s lube getting dry dirty on film advance mechanism can be enough to jam camera. then theirs people that try to get that extra picture out roll of film does,nt help either. you only need fair mechanical ability and good set of jeweler screw drivers. hope this helps. James

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration