Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paj
Tinkerer
Username: Paj

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:26 pm:   

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the terminology. By film advance spool I mean the toothed sprocket whose teeth engage with the film perforations and advance the film when winding to the next frame. In the centre of this film sprocket is a shaft which if depressed disengages the drive to the film sprocket allowing the film to be rewound. By rewind plunger I am referring to the small pin/rod which the rewind button moves upward to depress the shaft in the centre of the film sprocket.
I have already wound the film with the back off using gentle finger pressure to keep the film on the sprocket teeth and the film appears to advance ok. The button and plunger have full travel and are not jammed but when the back is fitted it appears to make contact with the shaft in the centre of the film sprocket causing disengagement. Now obviously one wouldn't expect this fault unless as a result of play due to wear somewhere in the sprocket mechanism or that before I purchased the camera(I have only had it a short time) the back was changed from another camera, maybe. At the moment I am sorely tempted to file or grind some material from the top of the plunger to shorten its length. But before I do such drastic modification I thought it wise to see what more experienced camera buffs thought.
Once again thanks for your time and advice.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration