Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 05:16 am:   

My guess would be the lens aperture sensing lever on the right hand side of the camera lens mount as you look into it. It's spring loaded and should move clockwise under the spring's tension as the aperture is stopped down on the lens. After a while (many years!) a combination of gunge (sometimes a little corrosion) and lessening of the spring's tension mean that the lever stops part way - maybe at about f8 so however much further you stop down the lens, the lever position never changes and hence neither do the LEDs. If you're lucky, the solution may be as simple as a tiny drop of oil where the surface of the ring that carries the lever bears on the mount, followed by a little energetic working. Don't overdo the oil, though, as you don't want the oil getting on to the resistances/wiper contact on which the lever is acting. I had this problem with my KX about fifteen years ago and a single drop of oil has had it sorted ever since. Hope it's the same for you!
Best wishes,
Steve

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration