Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 120

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 04:45 pm:   

I'm still looking for that perfect woman but I want mine airbrushed, not Photo-Shopped. Also waiting for the new Contax G3 to be produced. :-)

Privately, I just wonder how many old guys committed ritual suicide who used to work at Minolta or Bronica or Yashica, etc.? The pride those guys put into their SRt or AutoReflex line. They were so anxious to prove their stuff was world-class. It boggles the mind to think what products like that would cost today.

The only reason I use digital is to get pic.s quickly onto the web.

I have to say, it is wonderful and also sad to have so many good cameras being dumped. I can have my pick of bodies and lenses. Stuff I never thought possible twenty years ago. But, still, holding all these things in my hands it is just another sign that it is over. The mountain has moved. It makes no difference if you have finally reached the peak. It is not important, except to a few guys like us, who has the best Leica or Rollei. It is so depressing.

And my own favorite imaginary scenario: a photographer with 50 film slrs shooting like mad and tossing the "empty" slrs on the ground while grabbing the next one. Sort of like the macho hero guys in war movies who keep ejecting the empty clips from their guns.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration