Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msteen1314
Tinkerer
Username: Msteen1314

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 11:29 am:   

While no one can contest the speed at which digital results can be obtained for immediate viewing, film does indeed "force" you to slow down and give each exposure the respect it deserves.
While not ideal, I take my rolls of 35mm to the pharmacy who will process the negatives and burn them to CD right away. For a total cost of $2.99 Canadian, they will process up to 6 rolls and burn them to the CD. No prints, just an index card.

The scans are jpeg and are generally in the region of 500kb. I've asked if the have any control over the file size however they do not as it is all done in a single pass.

This has allowed me to keep shooting film with less cost than before and have the added benefit of a digital copy. Most scans are okay up to 8x10.
I inquired if they can accommodate 120 film on the machine, however they do not have the required attachments, pity.

Thought this may help others to keep shooting film at a sensible cost as it is becoming increasingly difficult these days to find a location of any sort that does any type of in house processing.

This, as well as obtaining expired film and freezing certainly helps the overall expense.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration