Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 05:49 pm:   

Hoping one or more of y'all is familiar with the MD-2 motor drive for the Nikon F2. I bought a very clean example last week. It came with the MB-2 battery pack, which isn't nearly as popular as the MB-1. The motor drags when rewinding film and when winding the first four or five frames on a new roll. After that it behaves normally.

The batteries are fresh alkalines. At first I was wondering if the MB-2 might be the culprit, since it has 2 fewer AAs than the MB-1 does. But I also kinda doubted it. Then I located a .pdf file of the MD-2 user manual, and it gives essentially interchangeable mention between the MB-2 and MB-1. So, now I'm less inclined to believe that this severe dragging is caused by the MB-2.

Perhaps the motor's sat so long it's gummed up somewhere inside? The durn thing looks like it's almost never been used.

What I'm hoping didn't happen is that this drive got dunked in water (especially salt water), then got cleaned up real nice to be sold to an unsuspecting customer.

Michael

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration