Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 167

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 05:52 pm:   

Nate-

In reviewing some of my earlier notes, it appears very possible that the Mamiya C Series TLR lenses are interchangeable between viewing and taking lenses.

As for the last resort method of cleaning lenses, it was a desperation method learned in attempting to clean the front surface of the rear cemented doublet (Tessar formula) of a Petri 45mm 2.8 on a Color Super of 1958 or so, which had resisted all attempts.

The problem was finally solved with tartar control toothpaste, with some water for lubrication. I hesitate, as I did here years ago, to pass this on, but it worked for me and the feedback of other's results were positive. I don't think that any lenses were ruined which were not already in that condition.

As Rick says, YMMV regarding the durability of lens coatings, and you are now on your own. But it seems that the old deep purple coatings were sometimes harder than the glass they coated, and they were exceptionally durable.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration