Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 669

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 01:38 pm:   

Victor,

You have missed out a very important observation - with the lens on a camera, what is the actual observed focus distance when focus ring is rotated. ie does lens focus to correct minimum and 8ft distances or is lens actually focusing on objects at other distances than scale measurements?

It is years since I stripped an example of this lens down, so I cannot remember the actual construction and fitment of the outer focus ring. It may just be a case of the ring being displaced radially, due to loose retaining screws.

I have a copy of the Canon repair manual for the breech lenses, unfortunately in some respects this publication is even worse than the nFD manual. Not all lenses have a detailed/exploded parts diagram, so if the 135/2.5 is not fully described, I will need sufficient info from you to lead you in the right direction. It is no good just tearing the lens apart, that can lead to even more frustration.

I will not be able to dig the manual out until the weekend; so if you want to PM me with the focus information, feel free - it will also jog the memory!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration