Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 120

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 04:59 am:   

There is a number of books for newbies and also more advanced repair people, but I own none of them straight away. As a beginner I went another way, and that was buying junkers and courageously working on them. I guess I am no more talented than other people, but with the help of the nice people here in this forum I managed repairing the cameras I was then interested in. Now, after some time of heavy tinkering, I have a number of vintage RF and SLR cameras, all of them fine picture takers again, although some of them were said to be beyond repair. Not everything worked out fine from the start, of course not, setbacks are inevitable, but that is what life is like anyway.
But in order to get somewhere you must find out what you want, and as hardcore tinkering is not possible without the proper tools, materials etc., look here https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/repairtools.html and see for yourself if that is what you are after.
I know of no workshops and never attended one, instead I gathered info on the net and found helpful people here.
What cameras in particular do you want to repair/ fix/ get going?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration