Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 11:58 am:   

Hello,

I am posting here for advise regarding opening an AE-1 Program I recently acquired to do the following:

1) Fix the 1/1000 shutter speed. Rest of the speeds are within 15% error.

2) Possibly lube the mirror fly wheel to fix the infamous canon squeak or squeal or whirring noise (video demo of the noise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMaO7FfpVg)

For some background to disassemble the camera, I have searched this forum* and I seem to have the hang of the over all method. I have also gone over the service manual I found online. So I am more or less prepared to actually start the project.

However, I have not been able to visualize clearly how to use a set of circlip pliers or something in its place to do the initial steps (for the shutter release button perhaps?).

Could some kind soul explain the usage of circlip pliers (btw, I was not able to find one in my local hardware store, can I use something else in its place?) and where to use it exactly?

Thanks and regards.

* Searching this forum from its own search feature does not really help much. Searching this forum from google, using the 'site' work, works much better.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration